Inventory Unit Detail
2014 Yamaha F20 - 20 in. Shaft
Impressively Light + Compact for Those Who Want Power, Performance and Portability.
The sun just broke the horizon, but your day began hours ago—the second you started your trusty Yamaha Portable. Maybe you’re skimming the marsh in a jon boat during duck season, pushing a sailboat ‘til the wind kicks up or hopping to the cuddy on a tender. Wherever the day takes you, these nimble, lightweight, efficient portables are up for the ride. Available in a range of horsepower from 20 all the way down to 2.5, these 1- or 2-cylinder dynamos provide big performance in streamlined designs.
Here’s why so many boaters carry Yamaha reliability with them, wherever they go:
Incredibly Light: Yamaha Portables are incredibly light, weighing as little as 37 pounds. Talk about punch you can pack.
Easy to Carry: Select models feature built-in front and rear carry handles for maximum portability. Plus, recent re-designs have made several of our portables, well, even more portable. The F9.9 is 12% lighter than previous designs, and we’ve trimmed 23 pounds from our F6.
Max Maneuverability: Our 5-Step Trim Adjustment and 3-Step Shallow Water Drive System (on select models) protects your propeller in skinny water, making these pintsized powerhouses extremely maneuverable and getting you where you need to go.
Fuel Efficiency: The smaller the motor, the less fuel it consumes, true. However, one of Yamaha’s portables actually made it into the Guinness Book of World Records for the most miles traveled on one gallon of gas, going 67.27 continuous statute miles.
Smart Innovation: Our Easy Oil Retention System allows the F6 and F4 to be stored on their sides or front grip without oil leakage. Our F15 and F20 designs feature a water-cooled fuel pump, boosting power and preventing warm weather starting issues like vapor lock.
- Maximum Overall Performance: Microcomputer Ignition adjusts timing to maintain optimum engine performance, economy and power under all conditions. (F8 and up)
- Ultra-Low Emissions: Yamaha portables from F4 through F20 are California Air Resources Board (C.A.R.B.) Three-Star Rated for Ultra-Low Emissions. All Yamaha portable outboards meet federal EPA requirements.
- Fuel Efficiency: Of course, small motors use less fuel, but the Yamaha F4 actually set a world record for fuel efficiency. According to the Guinness Book of World Records, an F4 traveled 67.27 continuous statute miles on one gallon of gas.
- Propeller Protection: Yamaha’s Shallow Water Drive (standard on all tiller handle models except the F2.5) helps keep the propeller and lower unit out of harm’s way in shallow water.
- Extended Engine Life: A Freshwater Flush Device allows you to flush the engine without starting it, for maximum convenience, durability and engine life.
- Corrosion Protection: Yamaha’s exclusive YDC-30 Alloy is one of the most corrosion-resistant base material in the industry. Used with Yamaha’s proprietary ACP-221 Paint Process, it provides an extra-tough barrier against corrosion. They’re both key components of our renowned Ultimate Corrosion Protection System (UCP-II™), which is standard on all Yamaha Portable four stroke outboards.
- Warranty Protection: All Yamaha four strokes are protected by our Three-Year Limited Warranty for pleasure use. Beyond that, Yamaha Extended Service (Y.E.S.) plans are available, for continued coverage after your three-year factory warranty expires.
- Max Maneuverability: 5-Step Trim Adjustment and 3-Step Shallow Water Drive System (on select models) protects your propeller in skinny water, makes these pintsized powerhouses extremely maneuverable and gets you where you need to go.
- Efficient Operation: Microcomputer Ignition automatically adjusts timing to maintain optimum engine performance, economy and power under all conditions.
- Easy Engine Flushing: A Freshwater Flush Device allows you to flush the engine without starting it, for maximum convenience.
- Lightweight Portability: Yamaha portables feature SOHC (Single Overhead Camshaft) or OHV (Overhead Valve) configurations and weigh as little as 37 pounds (dry weight). Outboard power doesn’t get much more portable than this.
- SOHC: Standard
- Large Displacement Engine: Standard
- Streamlined Intake Manifold: Standard
- Large Volume Air Silencer: Standard
- Labyrinth Exhaust: Standard
- Water-Cooled Fuel Pump: Standard
- Acceleration Pump: Standard
- Long Span Mounting System: Standard
- Four Stroke Engine Design: Standard
- Engine Warning System Function: Standard
- Built-in Start-in-Gear and Shift-in-Gear Prevention: Standard
- Thermostatic Controlled Engine Temperature: Standard
- Wet Sump Lubrication: Standard
- Waist Driveshaft: Standard
- High Output Alternator: Standard
- 5-Step Anti-Corrosion Paint Process: Standard
- Self-Draining, One-Piece Top Cowling: Standard
- Stainless Steel Driveshaft, Prop Shaft, Shift Shaft and Steering Tube: Standard
- Power Tilt ("P" Models): Standard
- Shallow Water Drive ("M" and "E" Models): Standard
- CDI Microcomputer: Standard
- YDC-30 Aluminum Alloy: Standard
- Sacrificial Anodes: Standard
- Electric Start ("E" and "P" Models): Standard
- Light Load Manual Starter ("M" Models): Standard
- Auto Decompression Device ("M" Models): Standard
- Remote Control (Remote Models): Standard
- Reinforced Tiller Handle with Stop Switch ("H" Models): Standard
- Front-Mounted Shift Lever ("H" Models): Standard
- One-Hand Steering & Throttle Friction Adjustments ("H" Models): Standard
- PrimeStart Auto-Enrichment System: Standard
- External Freshwater Flushing Attachment: Standard
- Low-Profile, Compact Shape: Standard
- Built-In Carrying Handle: Standard
- Built-In Resting Pads: Standard
- Wide Steering Angle: Standard
- Dual Transom Clamps: Standard
- Water-Sealed Exhaust: Standard
- Engine Type: 2 Cylinder
- Displacement: 22.1 ci (362 cc)
- Bore x Stroke: 63 x 58.1 mm (2.48 x 2.29 in.)
- Prop Shaft Horsepower: 20 hp @ 5500 rpm
- Compression Ratio: 9.3:1
- Fuel/Induction System: SOHC
- Exhaust: Through Propeller
- Intake: Carburetor
- Ignition System: CDI Micro Computer
- Spark Plug: DPR6EB-900-000
- Alternator Output: 10A
- Starting System: Manual or Electric
- Lubrication: Wet Sump
- Engine Oil Capacity: 1.8L/1.6L w/without filter
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5000-6000
- Cooling: Water/Thermostatic Control
- Recommended Engine Oil: Yamalube® 4M (See owner's manual)
- Recommended Fuel: Regular Unleaded (Minimum Pump Octane 87)
- Recommended Fuel Filtration: Yamaha Mini 10-Micron Fuel/Water Separating Filter (external)
- Ethanol Blend Limit: 10% Maximum
- Gear Ratio: (27:13) 2.08:1
- Gear Shift: Forward, Neutral, Reverse
- Shaft Length: L=20 in.
- Degree of Tilt: 67 deg.- 71 deg.
- Degree of Trim: 4 positions
- C.A.R.B. Rating: 3-Star
- Dry Weight: F20LMHA = 52 kg (115 lb.) F20LEHA = 55 kg (121 lb.) F20LPHA 60 kg (132 lb.) F20LEA 53 kg (117 lb.) F20LPA 59 kg (131 lb.)
- Steering Angle (maximum): 45 deg. from center, either direction
- Warranty: 3 Year Limited Pleasure Boat - 1 Year Limited Commercial
- Engine Type
- 2 Cylinder
- Bore x Stroke
- 2.48 x 2.29 in. (63 x 58.1 mm)
- 22.1 ci (362 cc)
- Manual or Electric
- Shaft Length
- L = 20 in.
- 115 lb. (52 kg)
- Propshaft Horsepower
- 20 hp @ 5500 rpm
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 5000 - 6000 rpm
- Gear Ratio / Shift
- (27:13) 2.08:1 / Forward, Neutral, Reverse
- Fuel Induction
- Water/Thermostatic Control
- 3 Year Limited Pleasure Boat - 1 Year Limited Commercial